Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I am stealing this idea from Jaime. I think it's a great idea, I am never vocal enough about things or people who I appreciate in my life.

On a side note COURTNEY, if you're reading this...go to Jaime's page she has a clip from Twilight!



1. First and foremost I am thankful for Leif, he is truly my best friend. He supports me in whatever I do, and encourages me if I am having a tough time doing it. He works so hard, both with just plain old work, school, dad, and husband. I need to remember that he has a lot on his plate, and I don't recognize all that he does do. I am so grateful that he has provided me the opportunity to stay home and raise our son.



2. The other most important guy in my life is also named Leif. This precious little man has taught me so much about myself, and molded me into a (hopefully) better, less selfish person. I tend to be a quiet person, but having Leify has helped me be a little more outgoing, I have met a lot of new people and just talking to him has helped me too. I am not going to lie...at first it was really weird talking to a little baby who had no idea what was going on. We read a lot together though, and that makes it not so weird ;) The older he gets the less weird it gets for me. He is such a joy, I look forward to the mornings he is a morning person full of smiles and it makes my day start great. Some days I find that my patience is worn thin and I need some "alone" time, but 15 minutes into that much looked forward alone time I am missing Leify. I start wondering why I needed that time in the first place. He has taught me to love unconditionally. He is truly a gift in my life.



3. My parents. Leif and my staying here has turned out to be a much longer stint than EVER planned. The building of our house has delay after delay I am grateful that they have put up with us this long and my dad's philosophy of family "I like ya, but I'll cut ya" hasn't been put in full force (YET).



4. I am grateful for the opportunity to stay home ( I know I already included it in #1...but I am very thankful) Staying home has allowed me to explore different things I have started to sew, do paper crafts, and most recently take an interest in cooking. I made these last night for an activity



5. My Laurel Advisor calling at church, I am having so much fun with this! The girls in my ward are great and I have already learned so much from preparing the lessons for Sunday. I was getting so bored having nothing to do and I am thankful for this opportunity where I have turned out to be quite busy!

3 comments:

  1. Lurlyn you are so crafty!(In a good way!) You make the cutest things all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing you as your sister-in-law for 8 years now, I have definitely seen some awesome growth in you. I think marriage and having children are a good way of helping us mature into wonderful women! I'm so grateful that we were able to experience motherhood so close together. I feel it has made us good friends (which I've always wanted). Keep exploring your talents so you can teach me stuff when we live closer ;)

    Love ya!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post, Lurlyn. :) Just so you know, we're very thankful for YOU! :) And your little snacks you made look beautiful AND delicious! We should make them when you come visit!!! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete