Saturday, February 23, 2008

In Memory of Thorvald Lurlynsson Hasselblad




My Thor Baby got hit by a truck today and we had to put him down. I miss him, he was a wonderful dog. He was so special to Leif and I; a definite member of our family. It is going to be hard adjusting to life without him. When I worked nights he was my cuggle partner since Leif was at work, he was so loving and so naughty.
He loved to chase cars and protect his "home" today he got hit and we had to make the very hard and heart breaking decision to put him down. His jaw was broken in 2 different places and his tounge was lacerated and had a possible fracture in his front leg. He was a wreck, I felt so awful. The vet said we made the best decision for Thor. It just doesn't feel like it right now I keep waiting for him to jump up on my lap and cuggle :(

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Lurlyn! I almost started crying. I love Thor. He will be missed by me when we come and visit. I'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the jdcccc 's
    Lur & Leif
    Our hearts are broken. We are so sorry to hear about Thor. We will miss him too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that is so sad. We are so sorry! I loved the way he always tried to make out with me on your couch...I'll miss that. :( He was such a sweet little dog, hyper and fun. Oh, I'm just so sorry.....

    ReplyDelete