Saturday, September 4, 2010

Hawaii

Late July I received a text message from my sister Tammy, it went a little something like this, "Would you be available to do something for my birthday August 24-29." First, reaction, from me was, well of course. That led, to me thinking maybe we were going to do something fun on one or two of those days...maybe she didn't have it all planned out. I didn't really think too much about it. Come to find out, she calls me and tells me she's booking my airline ticket to MAUI. What the heck?!? That took me for a loop :) It's not everyday that you get to tag along for your sister's birthday extravaganza to Hawaii.

This was the entrance to our room at Mama's Fish House.

Sophie, modeling the view from Mama's Fish house. She adopted the "hang loose" lifestyle easily.


The first night in Maui we stayed the night at this awesome place called Mama's Fish House. The food was excellent, and the views were gorgeous. We had dinner, and I had the best pork tenderloin I have ever eaten. Delicious.

For some reason I didn't end up with any pictures from the house in Kihei, so here is yet another view from Mama's Fish House.


For the rest of our stay we were in Kihei, Tammy had rented a house?...hmm, bungalow? Ha. It was darling, right on the ocean. It had huge backyard where we sat, read books, daydreamed, and were able to see turtles pop their heads up to say hello. The coolest part about the house was that it had an outdoor shower, can't say I am going to be installing one at my own house anytime soon, but it was definitely perfect for the house and location.


It was laid back trip where we just enjoyed each other's company, ate cheesecake for breakfast, snorkeled, laughed and relaxed. I read more than I had than years. Sophie tagged along as well, she loved the beach, and was a perfect little girl...most of the time ;)

Sophie was sure she could crawl through the sand with not one, but two cookies. It didn't turn out in her favor.


But she's happy anyways.

I am so lucky to have the family that I do, and for a sister that sees and appreciates the importance of spending some quality time with her sisters and friends. It had been a long time since we've been able to do something like this, let alone in beautiful Hawaii.

Sophie loved swimming in the ocean, her is she is with her Aunt Tammy.

3 comments:

  1. Hawaii was so much fun and Tammy is sooo generous! I love your pictures, especially the one of Tammy holding Sophie! I still haven't had a chance to load mine on my computer! It was so beautiful at Mama's Fish House! Lets go back when you turn 40, k?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with sophie...laying on the beach with a cookie in each hand is the only way to do a vactaion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. /fun stuff! I'm glad you guys all had such a great time; it looks beautiful. And Sophie's such a cutie! :)

    ReplyDelete